The best way to stay up to date on the current situation and find guidance is to check the following website often:
In the event someone tests positive for COVID-19
- Contact a healthcare provider, regardless of your vaccination status, and find out whether you should get tested.
- If you get tested, do not come to NSB until your test results are back. While you are doing this, use the state’s handout about testing to help identify your close contacts (PDF).
- If your test results are negative, or if your doctor determines a test isn’t necessary, you should stay away from NSB until your symptoms subside and you are well enough to return.
- If you test positive, you must not come to NSB for at least 10 days. Please notify NSB of your positive result as soon as possible.
- must get tested within 7-10 days after exposure
- and quarantine for 10 days.
- they should get tested 3-5 days after exposure
- they do not have to quarantine
We strongly encourage close contacts to talk with a healthcare provider to determine individual quarantine and testing needs that may exceed the requirements for returning to NSB. The CDC and Alaska Department of Health and Social Services provide detailed guidance on quarantine requirements and testing for close contacts.
We highly encourage all eligible individuals to get vaccinated against COVID-19. We base our decision to close the studio due to community spread of the virus on our experience in the studio and our understanding of the local COVID situation. We will make decisions about closing the school based on many factors that include a sustained high weekly average case count. But our hope is to keep our students dancing, in-studio, and avoid needing to close again. We understand you as families need schedules that you can count on, and your children need a safe place to gather which gets them out of the house and away from their computer screens. We are making every effort to continue to offer high quality, in person dance education.